PJC Services, LLC
Safety Expert Pete Canavan provides actionable tips, techniques and tactics that audiences can put to immediate use to enhance both their online security and offline safety. Pete brings over 25 years experience as a Cybersecurity Consultant and Martial Artist to organizations looking to reduce risk and liability, rapidly improve the safety and security of their employees, and develop a safer and more productive work environment through increased awareness and confidence, proper mindset, and attitude. He makes businesses and individuals safer and more secure through his speaking, writing, coaching and consulting. Don't learn safety by accident!
Establishing routines and staying within our comfort zones breeds complacency – both online and offline. Just because you have never been a victim of identity theft or sexual assault doesn’t mean it can’t happen to you. Ignoring a problem does not make it go away. This keynote is intense, and gets to the root of why most people ignore situations until they become victims. It will inspire others to not be complacent, but proactive in being aware and prepared before the need to act arises.
- Attendees will learn why established routines and comfort zones are dangerous for their personal safety.
- Attendees will be able to recognize and ultimately begin to vary their routines to prevent complacency and a false sense of security.
- Attendees will stop ignoring threats to their personal safety and begin to identify potential threats that exist during their daily lives.
After decades of work as an IT security consultant and self-defense instructor, this keynote draws on experience, examples and a bit of humor to illustrate the many issues with security facing businesses today. Many new and emerging technologies make it very difficult to secure data and information from both outside and internal threats. Various issues are covered including social media do’s and don’ts, best practices for password creation, email phishing attacks, malware and ransomware, and physical data protection security procedures.
- Attendees will learn how to identify suspect communications.
- Attendees will learn how to protect their systems and data.
- Attendees will understand the ramifications of stolen and encrypted data.
2) "Self-Defense Survival Guide"
3) "College Campus Safety Officer Defensive Tactics Training Course: How To Be The Safest College Campus With Great Campus Security"
4) "The Altitude of Your Attitude"
5) "Corrections Officer Knife Attack: Self-Defense Training Course"
Through my extensive experience as an IT consultant who has run their own business since 1995, I have adapted and evolved along with the threats to my clients from cyber criminals in order to keep my clients' systems, networks and data secure.
As a martial arts and self-defense instructor for over 25 years, I have trained hundreds of individuals (men, women, children, professionals, etc) on how to improve their personal safety and security and effectively defend themselves from physical attack.
I make people and organizations safer in minutes, not months when seconds count.
- Dr. David Long, Safe Schools Conference
“The little extras done as part of your presentation were unique and provided tangible, real benefits for our attendees."
Tom Mooney, Megcomm Productions
“Attendees always come away with solid ideas they can start using immediately. You open eyes every time you speak at one of our events."
Robert Scocozzo, Scent-Sations, Inc.