Describe the work that you do.
I am an award winning true crime author, attorney and national expert in criminal pathology and organized crime.
Who do you serve/who is your preferred audience?
I serve mostly women between the ages of 30-55, who have been in abusive relationships, are true crime junkies, and/or have survived some kind of trauma.
How do you transform your audience?
After audiences hear me speak they will feel empowered to find their voice, tell their story, rewrite their narrative, because the repercussions of silence are deafening.
Presentation #1 Details
1. I speak about the repercussions of silence, how a free person tells her own story, a valued person lives in a society in which her story is heard.
2. Stories save lives, if we let Others define us, tell our story, we learn that relationships (love) is transactional, and we micro-manipulate ourselves.
3. We send our "Representative" into the world, hiding our true selves. If we remain silent, we invite in the predators, those who control, dominate, perpetrate violence. We become prey for the narcissists, sociopaths, psychopaths whose sole purpose in life is to drain the life force of their victims.
4. Take-aways: Stories save lives; voice is our superpower; boundaries are not walls, they are "gates" and we get to choose what and who we allow in.
Presentation #2 Details
"Did I Marry A Sociopath?"
1. The Dark Triad--we recreate what is familiar, "rinse and repeat" relationships, situations, experiences unless we are aware, accept and act.
2. How writing true crime became a journey of self discovery, writing other people's stories when the darkest were my own.
3. I had worked extensively some of the most dangerous minds in the criminal justice system. I had defended them, written about them, studied them, eaten with them, laughed and cried with them, married and divorced them!
4. Because I showed up as the same person each time, I continued to attract the same dangerous man. Take-aways: Identify the pink/red flags, go through the dark to see the dark, made a living "saving killers" how writing about this helped "save" me.
Share any books you've written, films you've produced, etc.
True Crime Books: Running with the Devil, Prodigal Father Pagan Son, Vagos, Mongols & Outlaws, A Socialite Scorned, The Last Chicago Boss, Aurora; Television Shows: Gangland Undercover; Film options: A Socialite Scorned and Aurora.
Share any Certifications, Degrees, or Awards you have.
Masters, The Johns Hopkins University Writing Seminars
Masters of Fine Arts, The University of Arizona
Juris Doctorate, The University of Arizona
Awards: Winner USA News National Book Award (Running with the Devil and Prodigal Father Pagan Son); Daphne Du Maurier Award Mystery Writing Excellence (The Watchman's Circle).
Winner of "Best of Divorce and Family Law" 2015-2018.
Why would a booker choose you (sell yourself a bit)?
I am an award winning true crime author, criminal defense and family law attorney, with numerous appearances on national true crime television shows. I have a unique background and story and add a lot of entertainment value as well as voyeuristic appeal.
Share any recommendations, reviews, or testimonials you have.
Dr. Alice Berkowitz of Clinical & Forensic Psychologist’s
“Kerrie is not only a brilliant attorney, but a world class writer!”
Deanna D. 2014
Kerrie Droban is one lady in my life I will never forget. She was there for me at one of the worst times in my life. One thing she would always tell me, was to keep my eyes focused on my future and that my life would get better. It wasn’t easy, but it’s now over a year later and I’m in such a better place now than I’ve ever been before. Thank you Kerrie, for taking such good care of me and my kids!
What is your primary speaker business model?
Paid Engagements Only
What is your minimum fee requested to speak?
What is the minimum audience size you require?
Will you travel to speak?
What is your speaking preference?
Both Live & Virtual